NewBie To GSOC And Really wanted to work with LibreOffice

BlushBoy jayantssable at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 08:23:03 PDT 2013

Hello everyone!

I'm newbie to GSOC and really impressed with various projects published on
ideas list of libreoffice and really wanted to be the part of libreoffice.

I am Jayant Sable from India currently doing Bachelor of Engineering in
Computer Technology. My grades are
good as my current CGPA is 8.6/10. I am pretty much aware with programming
fields as i have good rankings in codechef.com(online programming contest
site) http://www.codechef.com/users/jan__
I've done a topcoder marathon too. But that was a programming part. I really
wanted to work on projects at GSOC and really impressed with LIBREOFFICE.

So, i just wanted to get started with libreoffice and its wanted to familier
with it.

I'm attracted with projects "Improve usability of Personas" and "Use Widget
Layout for the Start Center".

So i really wanted to know from where should i start for these projects and
what should i do to make impact as a student
for these projects.

Thanking You!