%PRODUCTNAME vs $[officename]

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 16 21:45:24 PDT 2013

Hey Andras, *,

while looking through the help to see which special strings I need to
replace during runtime I noticed that we have %PRODUCTNAME and
$[officename] which both seem to be mapped to the same string. The same is
true for $[officeversion] and %PRODUCTVERSION while all the vendor strings
seem to be mapped to the empty string and look unused in the tooltips.

Can we agree to limit ourself to just %PRODUCTNAME and %PRODUCTVERSION and
drop support for the other two in the new tooltip implementation? I can
adapt my script to automatically transform the $[officename] and
$[officeversion] strings to the corresponding strings.

Regards,
Markus