forward RTL_CONTEXT_foo logging to SAL_INFO in default debugging

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Apr 17 07:45:51 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 04:13:15PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> What good is the intermediate move?  That is, was there at least one
> situation in which it would have helped your debugging if an
> existing RTL_LOGFILE_* call had been behaving like SAL_LOG?

Yes, there had been: I was trying to wrap my haed around the
observer-pattern-gone-bad of vcl-callbacks going into
framework/uielement/menubarmanager.cxx to see if there is something going wrong
with the order of execution. RTL_LOGFILE provides some helpful ad-hoc hints
there without manually setting bazillion breakpoints or adding SAL_INFOs there.

Also, Im kinda testing here if someone has a secret love affair with
RTL_LOGFILE and does not want to see it die. ;)

Best,

Bjoern