Trouble creating logerrit account

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Thu Apr 18 02:45:50 PDT 2013

On 18/04/13 10:18, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Hi Anthony, *,
>
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Wols Lists <antlists at youngman.org.uk> wrote:
>> [...]
>> It's complaining "incorrect RSA1 identifier"
>
> That is harmless/expected, as the key should not be a RSA*1* key.
>
> Did you double-check that the public key you added in gerrit is the
> correct one? My guess is that you're just using a not-known-to-gerrit
> key.

Is there a way to check? I just added the contents of the .pub file,
which gerrit happily accepted. It seems to have validity checking so I
assumed it was valid.

Following the instructions about how to check keys just bombed with an
error message, and no clues as to how to fix it - "your something server
cannot be contacted" or along those lines.

Cheers,
Wol