symbols and no optimization for external libs in dgbutil builds?

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:00:00 PDT 2013

Hey,

is there anything speaking against building external libraries in the
dbgutil case with symbols and without optimization? Ideally IMHO we should
even build c++ libraries with GLIBCXX_DEBUG.

I understand that there might be people who don't want to see it in a
normal debug build but in a dbgutil build we have to use the internal
libraries and it is mainly used to find problems early. I know that it will
slow down the dbgutil build and the runtime performance of the build but it
only hurts the few people who use these builds and I hope that they see the
benefit of it.

Regards,
Markus