LibreOffice SDK on Windows

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 05:46:51 PDT 2013

On 19/04/13 14:29, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

>> * The old settings.mk was apparently confused with using /MT ("link with
>>   LIBCMT.LIB") on cl command line and /MD ("link with MSVCRT.LIB") on link
>>   command line (where it was ignored), and you apparently can't pass both
>>   together to cl, so I settled on /MD (resp. /MDd) now and dropped /MT (resp.
>>   /MTd).  No idea if that is exactly right, however.

hmm... i wonder if it would make more sense to link extensions
statically against the runtime libraries.  this would mean that an
extension would not be dependent on LO bundling a specific dynamic
runtime library, which would give us more flexibility in what MSVC
version we use for release builds, i.e., we could switch to a newer
compiler without having to consider that this may cause existing binary
C++ extensions to fail if the user is unlucky enough to have an
incomplete collection of MSVC runtimes installed on their system.

>> * Introduced client-facing LIBO_SDK_LDFLAGS_STDLIBS that covers kernel32.lib and
>>   msvcrt.lib vs. msvcrtd.lib on Windows.  Adapted examples Makefiles and
>>   /ure/source/uretest/Makefile accordingly.  Some examples Makefiles
>>   additionally use msvcprt.lib, no idea whether that still needs to be
>>   addressed.

there is a msvcprtd.lib corresponding to that one, and i think it
shouldn't work at all to link against msvcrtD.lib and msvcprt.lib as it
is a mixture of debug and non-debug libs; is that msvcprt.lib really used?