Value of a ListBox, FMC paradigm for Form elements (controls)

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 02:46:56 PDT 2013

Le 20/04/2013 23:34, Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :

Hi Lionel,

> One last question: where can I edit the help to document a new feature
> I'm introducing (namely, the option that the storage value is the
> index in the list)? I grepped for a string that appears in the right
> help page, but no result. In particular, I did not find it in the
> "helpcontent2" directory. Also, do we have our fork of the
> OpenOffice.org Developer's Guide?

AFAIK, there is nothing about the MVC paradigm and its application in
database controls in the helpcontent, unless perhaps there is a mention
in the Basic programming section (but I doubt it). The database help in
helpcontent2 is spartan at best, and I don't ever recall seeing anything
that explained the quite sophisticated (at least to the neophyte
user/programmer/form designer) concepts you outline above. That is
precisely why the OOo developers produced the documentation you mention.

I suppose the new information could go here :
https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/General_5

which I believe is this file :

/helpcontent2/text/shared/02/01170201.xhp

Alex