Calc statistical accuracy

Chris Sherlock chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 05:24:42 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 21 April 2013, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

> 2013/4/21 Chris Sherlock <chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com <javascript:_e({},
> 'cvml', 'chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com');>>
>
>> On Sunday, 21 April 2013, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
>>>

>>> No and as long as you don't plan to work on them I doubt anyone is going
>>> to do it soon.
>>

>> There's a friendly response... Where did you get that idea?
>>

> Please understand that posting at the developer mailing list will often
> result in a response asking you to show some work in this area. This is
> part of the rule of the mailing list and if you feel uncomfortable with
> this you should move the discussion to the discuss list which is exactly
> for that case.

Understood, I only raised it because I'm interested in statistics and was
wondering if it might be worthwhile putting some effort into it. I should
have made that more clear.

>>> Additionally as long as this mainly serves as theoretical discussion
>>

>> Why do you consider this to be a theoretical discussion? Don't you feel
>> there is any merit in the data sets?
>>

> I never said there is no merit in these data sets but as long as nobody is
> doing the work this is a purely theoretical discussion.
>

>>> I think it is off-topic here and should be moved to the discuss list.
>>

>> Why is that? It's a fairly innocent enquiry.
>>

> Because this is the developer mailing list where we discuss code and code
> related questions. General discussions that are not backed up by code
> should be moved to the discuss mailing list or the user mailing list.
> Please also see the general rules for the developer mailing list at
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Use_of_MailList

Apologies, didn't mean to break mailing list etiquette.

I'm sorry if that sounds rude but I think that discussing this without
> planning on working on it is just wasted time. If you want to work on this
> issues we are happy to provide you with some code pointers. As I already
> mentioned in my other mail IMHO the right solution is to provide an
> interface to R.

Fair enough.

Regards,
> Markus