adding a property to a published service [was: Value of a ListBox, FMC paradigm for Form elements (controls)]

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Apr 22 03:12:20 PDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 09:31:28PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 11:34:10PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>> I'm tempted to (...) add a "SelectedValues" property for easy access
>> to the selected storage values, (...)

> And this property looks like it belongs in service
>  com::sun::star::form::component::DatabaseListBox

> That service is published. I can add new properties to it, right?
> That's a backwards-compatible change.

And the build system tells me it is not the case:

SERVICE: /UCR/com/sun/star/form/component/DatabaseListBox
  incompatible change: Field 2 ('SelectedValues') of r2 is a new property compared to this SERVICE in r1 and is not 'optional'
  incompatible change: Field 3 ('SelectedValue') of r2 is a new property compared to this SERVICE in r1 and is not 'optional'

I'm making these properties optional in my local build for now, until
we decide if we want to include that in our "break stuff in 4.1".

--
Lionel