Calc header/Footer mirroring in page. Is it working at all?

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Apr 22 03:20:14 PDT 2013

Hi Oliver,

I cannot help you inside the code, but perhaps it is useful to you, when
I explain the UI.

Olivier Hallot schrieb:

> Hi
>
> I am working to port the calc header and footer editing dialog to
> widgets ui.
>
> I am discovering a very complex setting that I guess is related to page
> mirrorring. But I am actually unable to see it working.
>
> * Had anyone seen if left and right header(footer) areas are or should
> be swapped in mirrored pages?

There is a check box to decide, whether the same content is used for
right and left page. If is it not checked and you click the 'Edit'
button, you get a dialog page with a tab for left header/footer and
another tab for right header/footer. That works.

But there is in LO (in comparison to AOO) an additional check box for
'same content in first page'. That does not work, at least not for me.
The header/footer content is not suppressed, and you get no additional
tab for the first page. This check box does not appear immediately in
the first call of the dialog, but you have to reopen the dialog. There
is surely something wrong with that check box.

The left, center, and right parts of the header/footer are not mirrored
automatically, but you have to uncheck 'same content' and manually
design the left page header/footer and right page header/footer.

> * There seems to be a selectable setting for the left/center/right
> content, as seen in these lines
>
> source/ui/pagedlg/hfedtdlg.src:TabPage RID_HFBASE
> source/ui/pagedlg/hfedtdlg.src: // die Eingabefenster jeweils mit
> eigener ID, sonst aus RID_HFBASE kopiert
> source/ui/pagedlg/hfedtdlg.src:TabPage RID_SCPAGE_HFED_HL < RID_HFBASE
> source/ui/pagedlg/hfedtdlg.src:TabPage RID_SCPAGE_HFED_HR < RID_HFBASE
> source/ui/pagedlg/hfedtdlg.src:TabPage RID_SCPAGE_HFED_FL < RID_HFBASE
> source/ui/pagedlg/hfedtdlg.src:TabPage RID_SCPAGE_HFED_FR < RID_HFBASE
>
> However RID_SCPAGE_HFED_XY < RID_HFBASE does not reflect changes except
> strings, and the widgets are in the same position in the 4 cases.
>
> Either this is an overkill or I missed totaly the purpose of all this
> stuff?.

Left, center and right content are parts of the same header/footer. In
contrast to Writer you have no free editable line and therefore no tabs.
So in Calc this areas are an ersatz for the missing left, center, and
right tabs you know from Writer.

The three areas expand, so that they can show their whole content. This
might result in overlapping text. That is different from Writer, where
the text is positioned by tabs.

Kind regards
Regina