Different Gerrit workflows -- was Master branch now requires liborcus 0.5.0 or higher.

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 05:43:20 PDT 2013

On 04/21/2013 01:04 PM, David Ostrovsky wrote:
> So back to your use case: the content of your feature branch can be put
> on Gerrit for *only* verification (not wasting days or weeks but only 2
> hours) with *one* command:
> git push logerrit <your_branch>:refs/for/master

But that does not trigger the actual verification builds, does it?  My
understanding is that one needs to ping a set of a few people who can
actually trigger such builds.  My gut feeling is that as long as there
is no quick and direct way for a developer (with direct commit rights,
say) to trigger those builds, that feature will be used significantly
less often than it could be.

Stephan