[ANN] global header move on Tuesday 2013-04-23 between 1200UTC and 2000UTC

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 06:29:39 PDT 2013

On 04/23/2013 03:09 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Why are you rebasing daily? I work on patches and rebase them once directly
> before pushing them to master sparing myself a lot of pain (and severely
> reducing the risk of ending up with rebasing on a broken master etc.). I can
> see others doing the same.

An alternative model is to "pull often, push often."  Sure, it causes
your builds to fail regularly due to a regularly broken master.  But
fixing that at least helps you increase your commit count on ohloh.
And, more importantly, it helps you avoid having to maintain what is
effectively your private local branch.

Stephan