Different Gerrit workflows -- was Master branch now requires liborcus 0.5.0 or higher.

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 18:19:55 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> I see you contemplating about integrating it in the UI and semi-automatic
> triggering, but how is that blocking enabling it I see to allow committers do
> to manual triggering via ssh (after checking the queue). What am I missing?

You are missing that as it stand doing so would be aking to giving
'root' to every committers.
David has worked on a patc as h to break down the ACL to distinguish
between what a committer may want to do and what a buildbot is
expected to do... that can help.
In any case as it stand
I, DavidO, dtardon, mst_, tml  can schedule suche build if is pretty
rare to not have any of these 5 peoples online. and given the
restricted resource it is not that bad of an idea to have a peer
review. If you think that that list is missing someone(s) that are
very present on IRC and could help cover the request, I'm all ears.
but adding 200 peoples to that list is not something I consider viable
at this point.

Another thing to bear in mind... as it stands, If I loose internet or
electrical power, 75% of the buildbots for gerrit and 2/3 of the
platforms are offline.
iow a massive SPOF.

Norbert