Hang/crash in templates

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Apr 25 04:08:47 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:24:37PM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:26:35AM +0200, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at suse.cz> wrote:
>> I'll bisect it later today.

> git bisect says:

> 9830fd36dbdb72c79703b0c61efc027fba793c5a is the first bad commit
> commit 9830fd36dbdb72c79703b0c61efc027fba793c5a
> Author: Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu>
> Date:   Sun Mar 17 08:36:26 2013 +0100

>     date/time IDL datatypes incompatible change

> Lionel, any idea?

> Saving https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=72390 as ODT and
> trying to load it triggers the issue here (soffice eats around 13G of
> memory).

So I gather that "the issue" is that saving this document makes
LibreOffice eat unreasonable amounts of memory. That does not give me
enough data to make a guess (does this document have anything specific
regarding times?). I'll try to run it under gdb/valgrind, but I've
pulled on my master checkout and done only a partial rebuild, and the
binary does not start for me. I've started a full rebuild, but that
typically takes hours.

If you can point valgrind/gdb it yourself and point me towards the
place / stacktrace that allocates "a lot", I can look at that place
and see if I get inspiration (before my build finishes).

--
Lionel