Hang/crash in templates

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Thu Apr 25 05:28:31 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 02:14:18PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:
> I don't know what cache you are talking about. If some binary (as
> opposed to XML) format got changed incompatibly, then yes, this is
> bad.

Judging from the strings in the memory garbage I saw in gdb, this is
used in ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/store/.templdir.cache.

And yes, sadly it's a binary format. I did not check if some the
containing structure has any versioning -- if yes, then bumping the
version and adapting the reading side to handle the new format can be
possible.

> To stay backwards-compatible in *values* (and not only in length of
> fields in binary format), you will need:

Oh, indeed. Kendy in the meantime fixed this with
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=4fa553e4071a0ba4981a690429903c4e68607864