fdo#55814: unit test is missing

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Sat Apr 27 03:40:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 10:58 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:42:27AM +0100, David Ostrovsky wrote:
> > I wonder if it would make sense to establish
> > Python_test machinery in our build system to be able to write such and
> > many other tests in python instead and just say make Pytest_sw_complex
> > instead of make JunitTest_sw_complex (python have got unittest module
> > that we can start with)?
>
> Hmm, yes, I think that would be an improvement.
done :-)
make PythonTest_sw_python

Python test machinery (in process) is up and running on system and
internal python and on all platforms. Many thanks to Michael S. and
Stephan for helping out with this!

so I migrated the fdo#55814 java unit test to python:
sw/qa/complex/writer/VarFields.java
sw/qa/python/var_fields.py

Problem (as i described in the python test file):
while java unit test is failing as expected, python unit test doesn't
fail...

Unlike in java, field's test condition is not get overridden in python.
Apparently xDoc.refresh() is somehow broken (from python), because doing
the update manually "fix" this:
1. run the python test: make PythonTest_sw_python
2. open created document
workdir/unxlngx6.pro/PythonTest/sw_python/VarFields.odt
3. check that TextSection's condition still has the right value: "foo EQ
1"
4. update field with Tool=>Update=>Fields (or [F9])
5. check that TextSection's condition was overridden: "0"

Another UNO bug?

Thanks
David