How to grab web data into libre office calc ? Or Addons to grab specific web data into libre calc‏

Supiramani Supiramani hisupiramani at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 30 00:48:02 PDT 2013

Hi

Preamble ...
*I've been on the m$ office treadmill for 15 + years
*I've always been scared of Linux and thought it was all command line
*Recently stumbled on Ubuntu Linux and libre office ...so I am  completely new to
libre office
*Used it for a few days ... Truly it's a great piece of software and
dispelled most of my doubts on Linux, using Linux, libre office etc etc

Question / request reading
*Some  basic write up on using smf add in can be found here
http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/326478-derek-a-barrett/1414481-automating-alpha-getting-started-with-stock-market-functions-smf-add-in-for-excel

Now, my question is , is there a similar add in for libre office, when
invoked , could help the user  get specific cells ( not the whole web page )
from a URL  into libre xl sheets ? Of course the user supplies the URL

Or is there some app in Linux that can do the same ?

How do people grab specific web data ( not entire pages ) but specific data
for web pages into libre calc ?

**IF such a web add in exists I am ready to join the testing community **

Request to Moderators ; if I am posting on the wrong area or group please
most this post accordingly

Thanks in advance
Regards