Menu bar crashes on mouse over.

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Sat Aug 3 03:06:10 PDT 2013

Hi Noel,

On Wednesday, 2013-07-31 19:16:13 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:

> Otherwise, feel free to revert the last commit of mine (with email
> address noel at peralex.com)
> that touched that file, and I'll re-land it after figuring out the problem.

Previous implementation simply returned ImplGetSVEmptyStr() if pData==NULL.

However, quick browsing that change revealed another problem. Please
when replacing (Xub)String with OUString take extra care to inspect
places where xub_StrLen or sal_uInt16 is changed to sal_Int32 that use
the old String constants such as STRING_LEN and STRING_NOTFOUND; keeping
using these constants breaks things as they are defined to 64k 0xffff,
whereas in the context of OUString sal_Int32 the "not found" condition
is returned as -1, and the default STRING_LEN used as String functions'
arguments mostly should be translated to the actual string length, but
then again if it is another method's parameter's default argument it may
have to be changed to -1 and the method take care of properly converting
it to the actual string length.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack