[GSOC] iOS remote control for Impress progress report

Siqi Liu me at siqi.fr
Sat Aug 3 11:20:17 PDT 2013

Hello all,

First, I'm excited to learn that I've passed the mid-term evaluation and a
big thank to all who've helped me in the process.

The app is out for beta-test now, click
here<http://siqi43.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/call-of-beta-testers-for-ios-impress-remote-control/>for
more information and registration.

I think it's also time to revise my plan for the rest of the program. For
now I've in front of me the following tasks need to be done:

1. Bonjour integration for Windows (still trying to build on Windows 8, and
it fails at CppunitTest_writerfilter_rtftok now)

2. Pointer drawing with XSprite on LibO instance (tried to follow
WaitSymbol as an example as suggested by Thorsten, but still need to find
out how to call the drawing functions from Receiver)

3. Migrate avahi/bonjour service to an Impress specific library instead of
sd, which is draw-specific. Otherwise this will create unnecessary
dependencies for Draw users. (Any suggestions on appropriate locations for
this? )

4. Continue and expand beta-test base for the remote control (only 4
testers now all testing with iPads, we definitely need more testers.
especially for iPhone users since it's a totally different app in a sense.)

Thanks in advance for all potential suggestions!

Cheers,
Siqi

--
--------

Cordialement,
Siqi LIU

Étudiant Ingérieur, Université de Technologie de Compiègne
Vice-Président de l'association robotique UTCoupe
Responsable d'atelier de ClubChine

------
  Tel. +33 7 61 16 95 83
  email: me at siqi.fr