LO 3.4.4 and JRE 1.6.0.13

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 09:01:23 PDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 02:21 PM, Robert Drexler wrote:
> We are LHM, an authority office based in Munich, and completed the
> rollout of LibreOffice 3.4.4 to 33.000 Windows XP clients this year.
>
> Summarizing the state of information as we could collect up to now….
>
> - LO was deployed with (self embedded) JRE 1.6.0.13
> - as LO wasn’t compatible with the versions of JRE we had on the clients
> - so, “our” JRE was placed under the program path of LO, not under
> system java
> - this information is the major part of the config file
> javasettings_windows_x86.xml in the user profile, as you know
> - due to some still unknown impact of the user profile this config file
> gets deleted and all the “where does LO get its java from” info gets
> permanently lost

Was the original version of javasettings_windows_x86.xml generated by
choosing the "JRE [...] placed under the program path of LO" at "Tools -
Options... - ...", or did you "fix" the path to that JRE manually in the
xml file?  Normally, if the information in the xml file points to a
working JRE, LO should not change it afterwards.

Stephan