CALC: Difference between "Save as Document HTML" and "Export to XHTML"?

Wagner Macedo wagnerluis1982 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 10:19:51 PDT 2013

On 5 August 2013 12:26, Kohei Yoshida <kohei.yoshida at suse.de> wrote:

> In short, these two take two different code paths.  The HTML export one
> goes through an internal, C++ export filter (I believe), whereas the XHTML
> export one goes through a XSLT based export path, which is super slow and
> is not scalable.
>
> In the future we should probably organize this area, and just have one
> C++-based export filter that always exports XHTML.  But we are not there
> yet.

Korei, thanks by information.

But I was not referring (yet) to code, sorry for I haven't been clearer.
But I'd like to know why we have two options to, apparently, do the same
thing.

So, I'm asking why we have "Save as Document HTML" option? Is it intended
to have an HTML option as a "continuing edit" format?