Creating extensions for LibreOffice Calc

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 07:30:00 PDT 2013

Hi John,

On Tuesday, 2013-08-06 22:49:43 +1000, John Pye wrote:

> For the record, I also found this page:
> http://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Add-in_for_Programming_in_Calc
>
> This seems to allude to a much simpler way of writing Calc add-ins,
> but it's not clear if this alternative API is really deprecated or
> not,

Yes it is.

> nor how it works on Linux (page refers only to 'DLL' add-ins).
> But I will add it to my list of things to try.

Please don't. That old API eventually will cease to exist. And given the
nature of USHORT type variables you aren't even able to address rows
beyond 65536 ...

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack