Guidance on 'Paragraph Tab' bug

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Wed Aug 7 01:39:42 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 05:27:50PM +0300, Adam Fyne <Adam.Fyne at cloudon.com> wrote:
> I have a few rather simple questions:
>
> *1.       *I see that some classes in '/editeng/source/items' have a
> 'QueryValue' and 'PutValue' and some don't.
> What is the logic for deciding if an 'SfxPoolItem' should or should not
> implement these 2 functions?
> AFAIK - these 2 functions are mandatory if you want be able to use UNO
> mapping with these classes, no?

That sounds correct, yes.

> So how come there are classes that don't implement these 2 functions?

Can you say an example? I guess they are special in some way.

> *2.       *I see that there is a function called 'GetPresentation'.
> I am not sure what is the logic in the function and how I am supposed to
> implement it for a 'Positional Tab'.
> Can someone shed some light on this?

Caolán already answered this, as long as it returns some string that
helps the user on the UI for styles, you're fine. Use your common sense.
:-)

> Once I get the 'SvxPositionalTabItem' nailed down - what would be the
> obvious next step to do ?
>
> Add some UNO mapping logic ?
>
> Add rendering logic for the positional tab item ?

Yes, you'll need to decide if the existing SwTabPortions can be reused
for your purpose:

http://docs.libreoffice.org/sw/html/classSwTabPortion.html

> Add import \ export from DOCX ? (that’s where it all started)

Right, it's the usual checklist from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Writer, if you add
proper UNO API (instead of InteropGrabBag), then don't forget ODF
filters.