Flipped Arrow repair reason \ CustomShapes

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Wed Aug 7 03:38:43 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 10:58:32AM +0300, Adam Fyne <Adam.Fyne at cloudon.com> wrote:
> I have asked our developer that made the fix to explain why he did it, and
> he sent me the attached explanation.

Just a suggestion: it's great if developers doing the real work have
their name attached to patches, instead of you being a proxy. One
benefit of that is if you cause a regression, we won't blame you, but
the one who in fact introduced it. ;-)

> I would be happy to convey him any rejects you have about what he said.

So, it seems that the way the mirrored x/y property can be read via
CustomShapeGeomery (as done in the testcase part of the patch) should
work for writing as well: you found that it's not working, but that's a
bug. It would be excellent if that could be fixed, and then that API
would be used from the VML import filter.

In the end that would result in a consistent API which we all want in
the long run.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Miklos