Flipped Arrow repair reason \ CustomShapes

Adam Fyne Adam.Fyne at cloudon.com
Wed Aug 7 03:44:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

(tried sending this email, and got a rejection cause the attachment was too
large, so resending it with a smaller attachment).

This is in relation to the discussion I had yesterday with *Miklos* & *
Thorsten* about a fix I pushed to gerrit.

The patch rejected by Miklos can be found here è
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/5272/1/svx/source/unodraw/unoshap2.cxx

The discussion we had yesterday on IRC was this:

[image: Miklos: Why is this necessary? You could avoid introducing a new
UNO property by just adding the MirroredX/Y keys to the existing
CustomShapeGeometry, right? Miklos: Just like you already use that API in
the test-case. Adam: I did not add a *new* UNO property ... I used an
existing one. what exactly is the problem ? Miklos: hm, but why it's
necessary to touch svx core when you could just insert the mirror property
to the existing CustomShapeGeometry? Miklos: I mean the "in core, let's not
have multiple ways to achieve the same thing" problem. Adam: but the same
function (SetMirroredX) is called a few lines later, so I am not sure why
it is a problem
(http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/svx/source/unodraw/unoshap2.cxx#1941)
Miklos: Thorsten: any opinion about the svx part of
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/5272/ ? i think it's already possible
the put the mirror option to the CustomShapeGeometry, Miklos: so i think
it's not necessary to touch svx just for the sake of the VML import filter.
Thorsten: are you sure? Miklos: the same change uses that api for reading
"is mirrored?" in the testcase. so unless that api is read-only, i assume
that's possible. (but i was asking :) ) Thorsten: I can find only one call
to SetMirrored[XY] in svx uno code Thorsten: gah. fun.
EnhancedCustomShape2d.cxx handles it separately Thorsten: Adam- ^^ what
Miklos says Thorsten: Adam- does the MirroredY / MirroredX property not
work for you otherwise? svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShape2d.cxx
seems to handle it already?]

I have asked our developer that made the fix to explain why he did it, and
he sent me the attached explanation.

*Thorsten -* Could you give me your thoughts about it?

I would be happy to convey him any rejects you have about what he said.

Best,**

*Adam Fyne*

*Office:* +972-77-517-5008

Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/cloudoninc> |