redlines for pyuno

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Wed Aug 7 05:43:41 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 08:37:05AM -0500, James Michael DuPont <jmdpplks at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am doing some scripting for pyuno, and have been studying the internal
> C++  code for redlines,
> it seems that the code that is applying redlines to text in the document is
> not exposed. It would be great to have this accessible for scripting, now I
> need to figure out what redlines apply to what text and that makes the
> script quite complex. Is that the only way to currently do it via uno, is
> there anything planned or any reason not to expose a more comfortable
> interface?

Let's say you have a document: one paragraph with 3 words and the second
is deleted. The UNO API then gives you 5 text portions: text, redline,
text, redline, text. The redline portions have all the properties you
need (author, type of the redline, e.g. delete, and so on).

What exactly would you need beyond that?

Miklos