First run (on gdb) just after compilation fails

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Thu Aug 8 22:47:26 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 09:36:50PM -0300, Wagner Macedo <wagnerluis1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why first run (in gdb console), just after compilation always fails?
> From second onwards, no problems.
>
> I'm entering in gdb calling "make debugrun".

This is known. If you run install/opt/program/soffice, it may restart
itself on the "first run". make debugrun has to invoke
install/opt/program/soffice.bin directly, which may be invoked two times
by soffice.

The only way around that is just run soffice (and not soffice.bin via
gdb) after you pulled and did a toplevel make -- that is a good idea
anyway: you probably don't want to hack on a state that doesn't even
start. :-)