calc add-in functions language cannot be set (fdo50118)

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Fri Aug 9 04:03:57 PDT 2013

Hi Winfried,

On Friday, 2013-08-09 08:19:40 +0200, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> The resource file for e.g. Dutch UI (/translations/source/nl/scaddins/source/analysis.po) contains the msgid (=English function name) and the msgstr (=Dutch function name).
> I would expect that the add-in functions show in local or English language according to the settng for formulas, just as with all other functions.
>
> Do you have a suggestion as where to look for the cause of this bug?
> If so, I might give it a try ;-)

Seems that for Add-In functions we use the UI language's function name
in this case. Probably ScCompiler::fillFromAddInCollectionEnglishName()
is not able to obtain the LANGUAGE_ENGLISH_US case, or isn't called but
ScCompiler::fillFromAddInCollectionUpperName() is called instead.

Hope this helps as a starter

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack