[GSOC] Implementing Table Styles - Status update

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sat Aug 10 12:47:49 PDT 2013

Hi Alex,

Alex Ivan wrote (09-08-13 19:52)

> Actually, while the code is not shared, they are both stored
> in the same file, autotbl.fmt. The file contains all of the
> atributes, both those that are common and those which are
> specific to Writer/Calc.

OK, clear.

> That is the reason why at some
> point I had lost the table styles, since i wasn't loading all of
> these.

;)

> The default styles can be kept in that file, while the user
> defined styles (or, maybe the ones used in the document,
> regardless of them being user defined or not) can be stored
> in the document itself.

> That would seem the best way of
> both keeping the existing functionality and having proper
> table styles.

You mean having the existing functionality in Calc and the proper table
styles in Writer, I guess?
That currently Writer and Calc share the same autoformat info is nice of
course, but IMO that can be sacrificed without problem in favour of the
new table styles.

Thanks for your explanation!
Cor

--