New come developer need some help!

Xingang Tong shunjian1128 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 09:15:42 PDT 2013

Hi there,

I‘m a freshman who is also a software developer. I learn CS in my college
so I have a knowledge of C++ and Python. I totally admire the Open Source
spirit and I really want to contribute to it. I like LibreOffice and
believe that it will be really cool if I can contribute to your codebase.

But here is the problem. Even though I have learned some programming
languages, I can't find a way to get involved, even faced with EasyHacks. I
don't know where to begin. I mean I can write a program on my own, but I
don't know what to do when I'm faced with a bug.

Do I need to read the current codebase first? Or what should I do now?

Much thanks to your reply.