Hacking LO print dialog

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 15 03:44:35 PDT 2013

Hi Ahmed,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Ahmed Hasnaoui
<hasnaoui.ahmed90 at gmail.com> wrote:

> that is no proper solution.
> I want it in a easier way (select page, select tray) right in the print UI,
> is it a physical impossibility?

No, probably no impossibility. But I don't see a chance of having your
modifications integrated for this particular feature.
I cannot imagine that people will find it more comfortable to manually
choose the paper tray each time, remembering the page range to choose
for what paper-tray.
I cannot imagine that many people need this to begin with.
Why not run <ctrl>+p, set print and paper tray for first part, click
"send", and <ctrl>+p another time for different paper tray?

Or for you would be much simpler to create a mini-extension that would
just prompt for the page-range(s) and corresponding tray and then
create those multiple print-jobs for you.

ciao
Christian