Hacking LO print dialog

Jim Cobley jimc at priorycomputers.com
Thu Aug 15 04:34:06 PDT 2013

Not so strange to miss out pages when printing.
For example our telecom supplier provides PDF bills - with "This page
intentionally left blank"
When I print these for my accounts I don't want to waster toner & power
on the blanks!
Also - if I have letters to print that take more than 1 page I will want
to print, say, page 1 in the upper tray (because that has headed paper
on the current printer) and the rest on the lower tray.
I could also want to print the first page on 1 printer and the rest on
the second - OK I can do this with a page range in the Print GUI.

There is no point pushing keyboard sequences - it is too unproductive
and Unix has gone beyond that now (wish someone would tell Ubuntu and
Dash!).