new startcenter UI

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Fri Aug 16 02:55:28 PDT 2013

Hi  Krisztian, all,

With commit https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/5319
(I think) the startcenter UI has been changed drastically.

I have no opinion whether this UI looks and works better than the old one, but :
-recently used documents are shown in tiles and longer document names are abbreviated, making it impossible to distinguish between documents with identical beginning of the name (which is quite common, e.g. a project number, followed by more specific information in the name). Could the complete file name be shown as a hint or something?
-For a longish list of recent documents, tile presentation is far from efficient. An optional simple list would be a useful alternative presentation.

(My master branch was pulled yesterday).

I hope my feed back makes sense.

Winfried