Signed Up For iOS Testing

Siqi Liu me at siqi.fr
Sun Aug 18 09:53:24 PDT 2013

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the late response as I was trying to stay focused on the
mDNSResponder support thing on Windows, which is to me an essential feature
to develop. I was on a trip also and I kept your email tagged to respond to
you as soon as I've pushed an update to testflight for the iOS app.

The port that I've used was indeed 1599. You might want to open 1598 as
well because that was marked in an older implementation, but I'm not sure
that would be helpful in your case... Actually if I understand correctly,
the problem might be related to the mDNSResponder implementation: each
running Impress instance will advertise a impressremote service, and if
multiple services of the same type are advertised on the same IP address
with the same name (i.e. device's name), there might be a case where
multiple instances will fight for the 1599 port... This is only a guess
since I am not sure exactly how the advertisement works in terms of
choosing the port.

Also, do you have a fresh build from the master branch? The Bonjour/Avahi
advertising support is only available on the MASTER as far as I know. If it
doesn't cause any trouble, could you describe briefly your network
configuration? It may be interesting to know how the Bonjour/Avahi will
work under a more complicated network configuration.

2013/8/13 Dave Richards <drichard at largo.com>

> Hi Siqi,
>     I was able to get port 1599 opened on our firewall, but unable to get
> the iPad to find the Impress session.  Can you confirm 100% that this is
> the right port?  Otherwise we're going to have to do some wireshark work to
> find it.
>
> + Another suggestion please, put the exact version and build number on the
> first screen which has the [ Connect ] button so that it's easy to see if
> this is the most recent code.  It can be a small font, but right now it's
> impossible to know the version.

Thank you for pointing this out! I've noted this on my TO-DOs. Actually I
will move on to more UI/UX improvements in the following weeks so I've kept
all UI/UX improvements up till now. I've also updated the server-list
finding process based on your previous comments. You can try the latest
build on testflight.

> Thanks!
> Dave Richards
> City of Largo, FL