OSX build failure on master in ucpp

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 02:25:39 PDT 2013

Le 21/08/13 11:12, Tor Lillqvist a écrit :

Hi Tor,

> Probably not a good idea to pass a CC environment variable but not a CXX
> one. (Do you try to build C code as 64-bit, but not C++ code?;)) And
> actually, one should not pass CC and CXX at all unless one knows
> *exactly* what one is doing.

Ah, my bad, this was done from memory of my very early OSX builds.

> The configure script is supposed to figure out what compiler to use
> automatically on OS X. CC and CXX end up *quite* complicated. The way to
> get a 64-bit LO is to pass --enable-64-bit to autogen.

Ah, thanks for that. I did actually look at the daily OSX build logs to
see if there was any info I could glean there, but as there were no
recent 64bit OSX builds (the directories were empty yesterday), and
Andy's are 32bit (his autogen output shows the m32 switch), I was trying
to work it out from the autogen.sh built-in help.

> and that happens automatically based on
> the --enable-64-bit --with-macosx-sdk=10.8 --with-macosx-version-min-required=10.7
> switches)

I will try again with the --enable-64-bit switch, thanks.

Alex