[GSOC]Firebird Integration Weekly Update 11

Andrzej Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Mon Aug 26 10:51:18 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-08-25 at 17:48 +0100, Andrzej Hunt wrote:
> - Data Insertion works but buggy.*
>
> *Data is entered in the db ok (i.e. shown after closing and reopening a
> table), but shown either incorrectly or not at all in the GUI directly
> after insertion -- this is an anomaly in the interaction of dbaccess's
> RowSet/CacheSet/etc. and the firebird-sdbc ResultSet which I'm currently
> investigating.

I've tracked the issue down to PreparedStatement::executeUpdate not
returning the correct number of rows changed (I hadn't got around to
implementing this -- 0 was returned as a temporary solution) and
dbaccess's KeySet relies on this value to detect that an insert has
taken place. I've put a quick hack in place to make things work (return
1), so the driver is more or less usable for most editing of strings in
the Gui now.

(I'll try and add correct detection of the rows changed for
executeUpdates return value, and add support for basic numeric types
next.)

Cheers,

	Andrzej