Project ...

Jakub Kościelak kuba at openoffice.com.pl
Tue Aug 27 03:11:15 PDT 2013

Dear Developers

I would like to ask if someone would be interested in taking part in a
project focused on adding missing functionality to LibreOffice.

I wanted to ask if anyone of you have already dealt with, or is in the
process of work on the following issues.

Any information will be extremely useful:

- Ability to work on documents created in Microsoft Word 2003 or
Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010, with reliable conversion of all elements
and attributes of the document - a lot has been done already.

- Recording a narration and adding it to a presentation.

- Creating reports based on external data sources (spreadsheets,
databases, ODBC-compliant, text files, XML, webservice) - partially
requirements are met, except for XML and webservice.

- Support for OLAP cubes, performing, editing database and web queries.
Tools to support statistical, financial, analysis of alternatives and
solving optimization issues - requirements partly met, there is a solver.

- Maintaining full compatibility with the file formats created in
Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007 and 2010, including the correct application
of special functions and macros - a lot has already been done, macros
are the biggest problem.

- Using mail merge in Draw.

I have gathered, I think, an appropriate budget for this project.
I'm looking for experienced professionals, and where to find them first
if not here?
Thank you in advance for any advice and tips.

All the best,
Jakub Kościelak