eot embedded fonts

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Aug 27 10:26:14 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 05:25:42PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 of August 2013, Brennan T Vincent wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > One of the most commonly-occurring problems with .pub import is the fact
> > that we don't respect embedded fonts. Now that LibreOffice supports
> > embedded fonts, it should be possible to make this work.
>
>  That depends. EOT is a Microsoft proprietary font format (which has been
> submitted to W3C, but AFAICT pretty much everybody else ignores it).

Google has since convinced Monotype to provide a royalty free license
to its font compression technology used in EOT:

  http://blog.fonts.com/2012/01/09/monotype-imaging-and-google-collaborate-to-make-web-fonts-better/

I just did a quick search and found this library which seems to able to
convert the few MTX-compressed eot fonts I have (the fonts were
generated using Google’s sfntly library, though):

  https://github.com/umanwizard/libeot

Regards,
Khaled