minutes of ESC call ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Aug 30 01:54:06 PDT 2013

On 08/29/2013 04:35 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> * Heads up for 4.1.2 change (Stephan)
>      + changes some URE library names, not completely private, but
>        used around the place. Adding 'lo' suffix to avoid name conflict
>        with windows / system libraries
>      + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/5667/
>      + couple of tricky bits: sal_textenc / sunjavaplugin libs dlopen'ed by name, but it works
>        and needs someone to review / ack it.

To clarify:  There are some URE libraries that, while they are not part
of the stable client interface, are nevertheless used "semi-privately"
from non-URE parts of LO.  As this fix changes the names of those
"semi-private" URE libraries

   jvmaccess, jvmfwk, xmlreader

any (Linux) distros that split LO into multiple packages must take care
that any non-URE LO packages depending on those libraries must require
matching URE packages, both for packages of LO versions < 4.1.2 and for
packages of LO versions >= 4.1.2.  (On Fedora, e.g., this is guaranteed
by always having exact

   Requires: %{name}-ure = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}

dependencies of non-URE LO RPMs on the URE RPM.  And note how this
exact-version requirement is typically already there for dependencies
among other LO packages.)

If there are any (Linux) distros for which this poses a problem, we
should revert that part of the fix, changing the names of the jvmaccess,
jvmfwk, and xmlreader libraries back to their original forms.

Stephan