packaging issues - file_lists

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Aug 30 03:02:14 PDT 2013

While packaging 4.1.1 for Arch Linux we've run into a file
conflict: /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/wordbook/en-{GB,US}.dic is part of
libreoffice common_list.txt and also in
LibreOffice_4.1.1.2_Linux_x86_rpm_langpack_en-{GB,ZA} RPMs but not in
internal lang_en_US_list.txt and lead to file conflicts for many users
when installing en-GB i18n pkg. I suggest to move en-{GB,US}.dic from
common_list.txt also to lang_en_US_list.txt.

Something different - since a few versions (4.0?) we have to
move /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/registry/writer.xcd from Writer
package - it's part of writer_list.txt - to the -common package. When
this file is not installed LibreOffice refuses to start with:

[andyrtr at workstation64 trunk]$ libreoffice
'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'

I'm not sure if this is a bug and should not crash LO or a feature and
should be fixed in the file lists.

-Andy
Arch Linux