[GSoC updates]: Improve Sidebars/Toolbars

Prashant Pandey prashant3.yishu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 14:19:54 PDT 2013

Hi,

Regrets for updating after long. So, here's the current locus with my
progress-

* I am currently overseeing the anomalous behaviour of the sidebar handle,
which doesn't correspond over the appropriate mouse position when the
sidebar window is made narrower after it has been completely expanded.

* On the way, 'Hidden-task' feature is realized [1]. So, currently after
the window size is minimized, the '>>' symbol thus appearing not only shows
the items, that are provided by the toolbar but are not shown because they
are unchecked in Tools->Customize. In case, if this task still needs some
leftover concerns, I'll revert back to it (additional implementations)
after I am done with the current tasks + if it is concluded that additional
requirements are harmlessly required, after approbation from the UI guys.

* On the mid-way, I also started dealing with the docking toolbar code for
dynamic alignment of the toolbars rather than taking the absolute
positions. Since I jumped into adding/tweaking around with the dynamically
changing code, for me, it needed some heavy debugging + playing around with
lots of SAL_DEBUG's since I was completely unfamiliar with this docking
code. Although it consumed a lot of time for me but helped me a lot for
carrying out my task effectively. I'd achieved a part of implementation,
the progress for the same could be tracked at [2]. But instead, we'd like
to play with the existing layout, VclGrid, which is quite a complex task;
and would still need some thinking out of the box.

Since Kendy was away for some last few days and I became irresolute, some
time was wasted beating around the bush, but I feel that code too 'll help
me somewhere.
Additionally, I faced my university exams (the time which I'd already taken
into buffer and consideration).

Nevertheless, just redressing some residual part of sidebars is required
and I am currently on with it, aforementioned.

[1]:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3e7879998bde20d5d6540ef989ecfd850be97b08
[2]: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/5655

Thanks and Regards,