What is the baseline for sdremote?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 2 03:20:09 PST 2013

Hi *,

There's some conflicting information as to what android api level is the
baseline for the sdremote.

The make file/build.XML advertises level 14, but there's a custom ui file
for level 11 and then it also uses helper lib meant to support even older
ones...

Probably the question is what is the oldest version that devs own/can test
on?

Given the helper libs and ui files, my guess is that it once did support
older version, but later the baseline was raised - intentionally or not?

I'm asking because the way it handles Bluetooth annoys me so I had a look
at the code and android api. No need to always scan for new devices, no
need to force the computer to visible. Just list known, already bonded
devices and make scanning optional... (May or ma not be related to the
scanning: the remote frequently confuses my device so that I have to reboot
to be able to use BT again and also when it manages to connect to
LibreOffice often I don't get the slides)

Ciao
Christian
PS: I only have a 4.2.1 based device (api level 17)