improving threading / osl::Condition abstraction ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Mon Dec 2 04:00:45 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-02 at 09:29 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> But sure, the abstraction as-is is practically a disaster.

	Great - added the health warning to master =)

> Given that threading primitives are standardized since C++11, I think it
> makes more sense in the long run to deprecate and ultimately remove our
> platform abstraction layer's corresponding features than to add to them.

	Sounds fair enough.

>   If the Boost Thread library should already be usable in your case, I
> would strongly suggest to go with it.

	IIRC there was some horrible problem with using that - but I forget
what it was; IIRC we don't (yet) use it in LibreOffice - anyone has any
recollection of what that was ?

> > PS. Stephan - any chance you can reply-to-All ? ;-)
> Michael, any chance of not using reply-to-all?

	Sure - OTOH; the list is configured as it is, deliberately, to let
people get replies to their mails without subscribing - to increase
community accessibility & openness. I take advantage of that to
prioritize my mail reading & appreciate a personal reply =)

	ATB,

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot