OpenCL Unit test failure on Linux 32bit

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 05:18:56 PST 2013

For some reason, not entirely clear to me, I keep seeing repeated
failures in the unit test below on Linux 32bit Ubuntu 13.04 when
building from master :

1.701e-05	1.701e-05
0.000550502	0.000550502
0.00519848	0.00519848
0.0262346	0.0262346
0.0763702	0.0763702
0.1156	0.1156
0.068638	0.068638
0.00827339	0.00827339
2.61726e-05	2.61726e-05
1.77685e-28	1.77685e-28
opencl-test.cxx:3321:Assertion
Test name: ScOpenclTest::testFinancialXirrFormula
double equality assertion failed
- Expected: 1.04286406930622e-16
- Actual  : 1.40411934087164e-17
- Delta   : 1.04286406930622e-20

Failures !!!
Run: 174   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

export DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE            # for exception catching
export CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args" # for interactive debugging on linux
export CPPUNITTRACE="\"[full path to devenv.exe]\" /debugexe" # for
interactive debugging in Visual Studio
export VALGRIND=memcheck            # for memory checking

and retry using: make CppunitTest_sc_opencl_test

Is this supposed to happen ? I don't invoke opencl in any special way or
fiddle with the build switch options related thereto in any way that
appears immediately obvious.

Alex