Packing from instdir (also: lets kill scp2!)

bjoern bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Dec 9 05:20:06 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 06:03:36PM +0100, bjoern wrote:
>  make packageinfo

Ok, I worked some more on this. The packageinfo for the l10n-${lang} and
help-${LANG} packages should be fine and usuable now(*). As such I added a:

make install-package-${PKG}

target available on master (and filed:

 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/6982/

for backport to 4.2). So packager should now be able to e.g. do:

 make install-package-l10n-de INSTALLDIR=./debian/libreoffice-l10n-de/usr/lib/libreoffice

and therefore install parts in different directories for different packages,
which should simplify packing (and completely cuts nasty ol' scp2 out of the
loop here).

Best,

Bjoern

(*) The binary packages still require some addition
    gb_Helper_register_for_install-foo in Repository.mk though. I dont plan to
    use those for 4.2.