minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 11:12:38 PST 2013

hi Stuart,

On 12/12/13 18:15, V Stuart Foote wrote:

> Michael Meeks-5 wrote
>>     + decide on whether to remove legacy Java Access Bridge from 4.2
>> (Michael S)
>>         [ decided not to for now, historically good to have old RTF + new
>> RTF
>>           filters, so it's easy to try out if new bugs are causd by new
>> code ]

note that the decision above is just about not removing the JAB code
from 4.2; whether we should by default enable JAB on the 4.2 branch and
have IA2 as experimental, or the other way around, is a question that i
don't have much of an opinion on; in fact i would want to defer this
decision to you since you have the most experience in testing these
things (whereas i just click randomly on things in "accprobe") and thus
have the most informed opinion as to which works best now.

also, please give the master builds starting today (or 4.2 builds
starting tomorrow) another round of testing with IA2; there is a
well-known problem with possible deadlocks that would just hang LO
completely, but i'm currently assuming this problem only occurs with
remote UNO connections (which ordinary end-users don't have) until i
hear otherwise.

> While probably sound, this is a problem as we seem to have clobbered the
> Java Access Bridge implementation in the 4.2.0 beta builds after we got
> IAccessible2 working--  between commits 23 Nov - 25 Nov --
> f4ca7b35f580827ad2c69ea6d29f7c9b48ebbac7..12ebbb7e471d851eec940a47e6737c7c89d0f7f8
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?h=libreoffice-4-2&qt=range&q=f4ca7b35f580827ad2c69ea6d29f7c9b48ebbac7..12ebbb7e471d851eec940a47e6737c7c89d0f7f8>

i'm hoping it was just the simple problem of missing component
registration in --enable-ia2 builds, which should be fixed now.