Accessible labels in alerts claim to be ROLE_PASSWORD_TEXT

Niklas Johansson sleeping.pillow at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 09:04:47 PST 2013

Hello again

So I didn't really find the time that I wanted to put on this but, I
will at least try to
account for what I found out this far.

Caolán McNamara skrev 2013-11-05 13:59:
> On Mon, 2013-11-04 at 17:07 +0100, Niklas Johansson wrote:
>> An other issue around this message box was the VclBox surrounding the
>> buttons, that gets the role FILLER but should probably have the role
>> PANEL. Changing the "sal_uInt16 VclBox::getDefaultAccessibleRole()
>> const" to return PANEL made NVDA read the dialog content when the dialog
>> got displayed.
After a closer look my suggestion above is wrong.

> In general where I'm hoping to get to is that LibreOffice reports the
> same sort of hierarchy and types for a .ui that gtk would if it was
> rendering it. I *think* gtk defaults to PANEL for containers but FILLER
> for GtkBox, which is where those defaults in layout.cxx come from.
Yep that is what we want. And I do believe that you are correct about
the default roles.
Looking closer (see below) at a messagebox created in glade you don't
see any PANEL
so question is do gtk use a container to group it's labels and override
the default roles
or does it use something else?

I did the same and looked in Accerciser at the complete accessibility tree:
- frame
   - alert
     - filler
       - filler
         - icon
         - filler
           - label
           - label
         -filler
           - push button
           - push button

Sorry for not being able to report anything more interesting at this
time. I probably need to let this rest for a while and concentrate on
translation for LibreOffice 4.2.

/Niklas