Efficient UNO component linkage & GC ...

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Dec 19 02:22:31 PST 2013

> any instantiated object
> instances will continue to be disposed well ahead of exit via disposing the
> ComponentContext in desktop::Desktop::DeInit

BTW, please note that for the platforms where we do
DISABLE_DYNLOADING, a process that uses LibreOffice code (i.e. an iOS
or Android app) will never exit gracefully and intentionally, but
always be killed by the OS at a point in time when it is not active
and the OS needs its resources for other purposes. So for the
DISABLE_DYNLOADING case, tweaks to stuff that happens when LO exits
gracefully is fairly pointless. (Could still be useful for other
platforms, of course.) (Dunno if there is any possibility that
somebody would ever want to use DISABLE_DYNLOADING on more traditional
platforms.)

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the direction where "apps" in
desktop environments will be expected to evolve, too: No more "exit"
or "quit" functionality that the user would invoke. But we are not
there yet.

> * next step is to let certain occurrences of UNO service constructor (and
> singleton getter) calls in C++ code call corresponding constructor functions
> directly

This sounds lovely!

--tml