libebook filter sniffing cost ...

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 04:11:52 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 10:02:57AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Thoughts appreciated though; is there some ordering of sniffing such
> that we can prioritize common formats over less common ones ? and has
> perhaps libebook got into that stack too high up ?

I think the filters are tried by their occurence in the configuration.
If that is really the case, we could implement simple ordering based on
filter flags, e.g., decrease priority for ALIEN and 3RDPARTYFILTER and
increase it for filters that are both IMPORT and EXPORT. That would put
.odt before .docx and that before .fb2 (which is the one from libe-book
that checks for zip content).

D.