libebook filter sniffing cost ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu Dec 19 12:15:40 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 15:01 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> So, my preferred solution in this case is to optimize
> the libebook's detection service, rather than playing around the order
> of detection services to avoid this particular scenario.

	Quite :-) doing lots of small reads (or writes) from an XStream (or an
IStream on windows) introduces some significant performance problems
whatever we do; it'd be great to have a nice caching stream
implementation to wrap / proxy such things I guess.

	ATB,

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot